• Promotes dealership by presenting professional image, positive attitude, and clean work area.
• Road tests vehicles to ensure repairs are completed properly.
• Suggests additional work that is needed to the Service Advisor or Shop Foreman so the customer may be notified.
• Completes service and repair assignments correctly, to pass quality inspections or test drives.
• Collects all necessary information before requesting parts (e.g., model year, etc.).
• Maintains sufficient personally-owned tools; keeps tools in good working order.
• Notifies Shop Foreman and Service Advisor if delays are expected.
• Maintains cleanliness of the customer's vehicle.
• Submits all claims promptly.
• Promotes a productive working relationship with others.
• Actively listens to concerns; takes action to respond to others’ needs.
• Speaks clearly, concisely, and effectively.
• Provides clear and legible record of service completed for both customer and dealership use.
• Has an approachable style; fosters open communication through active listening.
• Assists Service Advisors, if necessary, to explain completed repairs to a customer.
• Assists other Technicians when needed.
• Effectively handles and implements changes in Service Department.
• Listens to and supports new ideas and approaches; adapts to change quickly.
• Maintains composure when faced with multiple demands.
• Meets or exceeds flat rate time allowances.
Education, training and/or certifications should clearly demonstrate the possession of the knowledge and skills stated above.
• High School degree or equivalent preferred
• Other certifications or licenses as required by law
• Driver’s license
• Certification preferred in one or more of the following areas:
• Electrical or Electronic Systems
• Heating and Air Conditioning
• Suspension and Steering
• Manual Drive Train and Axles
• Automatic Transmission and Transaxle
• Engine Performance
• Engine Repair
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 2 years experience in automotive repair or service; 4 or more years preferred
• Tools required to perform repairs and services... Read full article