on 19 October, 2020
The primary role of the Head of Northern Business Centre (MDY) is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. The successful person in this role must plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the Bank and will develop a rapport with new clients and set sales targets and provide support to continuously improve relations.
You will also be required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients and manage the activities of others responsible in the branch network for developing corporate business in Mandalay Region.
The Head of Northern Business Centre (MDY) will liaise with Regional Managers to identify key corporate relationships and will work closely with branch networks to ensure high quality of services for all corporate services.
Strategic planning is an essential requirement and the Head of Northern Business Centre (MDY) will have broad responsibility for developing the corporate pipelines in Mandalay Region.
- Leads functional teams and ensures delivery of work in accordance with Business Divisional Strategy
- Creates an effective team for executional excellenc
- Accountable for collaborating across the value chain to execute on Business Divisional Strategy
- Leader of team
- Provides others with experiences and opportunities for development
- Organizes the Business unit team into effective and functional
- Leads multiple teams within a business unit and ensures delivery of Business Unit Strategy
- Appoints, develops, coaches and inspires Managers
- Run the bank effectively and demonstrates continuous improvement
- Deputizes for Chief.
- Represents Yoma Bank with impact to external stakeholders.
- Builds and manages effective relationships with functional teams and other businesses units
- Creates a climate of openness and trust in which people can freely speak out
- Recognizes potential conflicts within own working relationships and facilities the negotiation of mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Understands and leverages team’s strengths to deliver Divisional outcomes.
- Seeks to strengthen team with diversity and inclusion
- Proactively develops rapport with key customers and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates and influences across all Business Unit
- Tailors content and style to connect with all employees in English and Myanmar
- Communicating change with conviction
- Demonstrates SPEAKING OUT
- Gives constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Achieves excellence in all tasks and goals while managing Risk
- Coaches leaders on best practice on achieving tasks and goals
- Provides performance feedback that facilitates development
- Responds quickly and constructively when confronted with challenges- inspires other to do the same
- Carefully plans delegation based on skills, development needs and urgency
- Breaks down problems into fundamental parts, identifies root causes and addresses problems in a way that leads to innovative solutions
- Sees beyond the immediate solution to potential process improvements
- Makes informed decisions based on information that is relevant, current and clear
- For more complex problems, recommends possible solutions and escalates. Follows to ensure resolution.
- Assist team in diagnosing problems and recognizing issues.
- Originate, maintain and develop relationships in the corporate market especially in Mandalay region.
- Handle relationship management and business development among the existing Corporate clients including deepening the relationships as well as cross-selling.
- Grow the corporate banking customer base by recruiting new customers, and wallet sizing to the existing customers to attain high returns.
- Liaise and provide leadership to RMs and the unit heads in areas of expertise, particularly in regards to provision of facilities to customers and customer recruitments.
- Responsible for delivering a service to customers that matches the Bank’s mission.
- Work with your team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concern, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Present to and consult with across divisions on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using Knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the banks unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Understand the banks goal and purpose so that you will continue to enhance performance.
- Propose and/or implement innovative ideas to enhance business results
- Liaise with key operational functions to ensure client service delivery to agreed benchmarks
- Manage the formulation and implementation of key client service programs
- Perform credit review. Proactively monitor credit quality through early problem loan recognition and implement appropriate strategies
- Deliver across a range of monthly and annual profitability targets that maximize the banks existing portfolio and new business
- Lead, motivate, support and develop the Northern Business Centre Relationship Manager Team to maximize both individual and group performance.
- Regularly discuss personal development with team members and purpose an action plan to continuously improve overall performance.
- Document all training, coaching and observations
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced team members
- Ensure performance appraisals are complete and submitted on time
- Agree goals for all direct reports and ensure the same for all subordinates.
- Draw up and implement a training plan for all team members
- Work in close partnership with other leaders in the bank to ensure that the credit requests for new and existing facilities are correctly prepared in accordance with bank policies and guideline.
- Ensure the quality of written reports and supporting documents including compliance complies with bank policy and procedures.
- Respond to a wide range of customer enquiries from all segments, ensuring the highest quality of service is provided to internal and external customers.
- Ensure that banks branches properly administer all corporate accounts and transactions.
- Specifically, ensure compliance with the banks procedures and service standards.
- Achieve satisfactory audits as confirmed by internal and CBM audits.
- Ensure all bank Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Provide weekly and monthly progress reports on all Corporate Banking activities and the performance of your portfolio.
- Analyze all retail banking reports, highlight relevant issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Provide Senior Management with detailed reports reflecting performance, risks and opportunities available to your department in a timely manner
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with proven people, leadership, communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to develop and deliver a range of corporate banking solutions based on the understanding of customer expectation;
- Have the ability to achieve demanding targets in the competitive environment
- Possess the capacity to carry out detailed analysis and to ensure the Bank complies with all relevant domestic and international regulatory standards
Education & Special Training
- Bachelor’s degree or Master degree
- Minimum 5 years corporate banking experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in addition to strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews*
... Read full article