Roles and Responsibilities
· Promote and be committed to the school’s goals and objectives
· Educate students by planning and developing course of study consistent with the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) guidelines
· Implement policies from the school
· Promote and be committed to securing high expectations for learning
· Provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment
· Plan and deliver high quality lessons on a daily basis
· Set appropriate homework for classes and monitor progress
· Have due regard for maintaining health, safety and security
· Undertake duties around the School as and when required
· Comply with any reasonable request from an administrator to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description... Read full article
• Plan, prepare and deliver EFL lessons to young adults and adult learners of English (General English or IELTS)
• Apply communicative English Language Teaching method to help students acquire the language naturally and effectively
• Keep records of students' performance and test results for the assigned courses
• Assess students' learning and progress through both formative and summative assessments
• provide relevant and effective feedback on students’ both receptive and productive language skills
• Actively contribute to providing quality education according to mission and vision statements of EVEREST Language Academy
Required Qualifications: • Native speaker of English or Highly Proficient English Speaker
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Minimum 2 years of classroom teaching experience
• Knowledge and experience with a variety of ELT contexts including English for special purposes and test preparation
• Knowledge and experience with a variety of language teaching methodologies and ELT resource materials, incorporation of technology in the classroom
• Cross-cultural communication and teaching skills, good interpersonal skills, knowledge of basic MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Classroom
• Ability to take initiatives, be creative and flexible, and work independently and collaboratively
• TESOL, TEFL, CELTA Certification
• Familiarity with Myanmar language and culture
Specific tasks and expectations for the contract will be negotiated between the successful applicant and EVEREST Language Academy at the time of appointment.... Read full article
As a friendly and competent Teaching Assistant, you will work with children aged 5-8 years in various classes such as Year 1, 2, 3 and 4. You should be a compassionate and self-motivated individual with a specific interest in education. You will be responsible for supervising students, preparing lesson materials, maintaining classroom tidiness and so on.
You must enjoy working with children and be devoted to building a nurturing and safe environment.
You will also require to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as some knowledge of classroom activities and teaching methods.
Teaching Assistant Responsibilities
• Assist in the educational and social development of the students under the guidance of the homeroom teacher.
• Assist with the lesson preparations by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
• Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
• Ensure classroom environment is safe and clean.
• Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, during lunch, and on educational excursions.
• Attending all training classes and faculty meetings.
• Help children develop curiosity and knowledge
• Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
Teaching Assistant Requirement:
• Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field is preferred
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teaching assistant or similar role is preferable.
• Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.
• Must have a compassionate and positive attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills with a strong sense of responsibility.
• Commitment to safeguarding and the welfare of pupils
• Willingness to be involved in the wider life of the school
• Good time management skills
• Refrain from taking leave frequently.